People For Haiti is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing long-term support for the people devastated by the Haitian earthquake of 2010.
Made up of volunteers, People for Haiti is a group of concerned citizens who donate their time, expertise and money to getting aid on the ground, to directly impact the people of Haiti. They are made up of doctors, lawyers, journalists, homemakers, economists, contractors, students and artists who have joined to dedicate their talent and energy to helping people in Haiti rise again and prosper.
In its short existence, People for Haiti has:
- Helped hundreds of Haitian citizens get medical care
- Brought thousands of doses of medicine to the ground
- Delivered dozens of tents to the displaced
- Raised thousands of dollars for supplies
- Raise 50% of the funds needed to buy a water filtration system that will provide clean, and safe drinking water for an entire community
- Organized three mission trips where 20 volunteers spent a total 18 days on the ground helping local citizens.