Registration for our Spring 2017 200 HR RYS Program is NOW OPEN!
Registration limited to 20 applicants.
Don’t wait to register. This program sells out!
Powerfully transformed individuals. Real life application. Expert instruction.
Dancing Mind’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is for people who are ready to take the next step and discover their own power. Our yoga teacher training program is centrally located in Northern Virginia, in the wonderful Little City of Falls Church!
With over 230 hours of training, our Teacher Training program is designed to totally immerse students in the art of teaching yoga and its life transformational process. This program is open to those who want to teach and learn how to show up powerfully in their own lives.
Spring Modules Descriptions (Saturdays/Sundays 7:30am-4pm):
- Module I: April 1st & 2nd
- Module II: April 22nd & 23rd
- Module III: May 6th & 7th
- Module IV: May 20th & 21st
- Module V: June 10th & 11th
- Module VI: June 24th & 25th
40 Days Sessions:
Wednesdays 7:30pm-9:00pm: April 17, 24; May 1, 8, 15, 22 (attendance is mandatory for each date)
Program Modules focus on an in-depth understanding of the anatomy and physiology of Hatha yoga, power yoga asana, assisting, sequencing, yoga physiology and philosophy, meditation, pranayama, connecting with your class, and practical teaching experience with feedback.
In this program you will:
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power Vinyasa yoga class
- Be introduced to basic anatomy and physiology
- Break down alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Practice assisting and evaluating bodies physically and emotionally
- Learn Ujjayii and Pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Learn Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assisting, including Sanskrit
- Participate in Practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observation and assisting
- Be introduced to yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for teachers
- Practice effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels
- Be introduced to the business of yoga and how to run your own studio
- 90 hours of practice at Dancing Mind (cost for required practice hours IS NOT included Teacher Training Program tuition)
- 100% attendance of all weekend intensive training sessions and weekday training sessions
- 100% completion of homework and assignments
- Participation in the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program (40 Days Program cost is included in the TT program)
- Completion of application (with picture) and deposit
- Commitment to show up fully with the intention to fuel your growth and the growth of all Program participants
- An open mind, desire to learn, and ability to have fun!
Journey into Power Baron Baptiste
40 Days to Personal Revolution Baron Baptiste
Perfectly Imperfect Baron Baptiste
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Sri Swami Satchidananda
The Yamas and Niyamas Deborah Adele
Tree of Yoga BKS Iyengar
Power of Now Eckhart Tolle
Living your Yoga Judith Hanson Lasater
Functional Anatomy of Yoga David Keil
*Books are not included in cost of the program.
Also Recommended (not required):
Buddha’s Brain Rick Hanson
The Book of Awakening Mark Nepo
The Great Work of Your Life Stephen Cope
Big Magic Elizabeth Gilbert
Rising Strong Brene Brown
Daring Greatly Brene Brown
Gifts of Imperfection Brene Brown
The Power of Habit Charles Duhigg
A Return to Love Marianne Williamson
- Practicum (Journey Into Power)
- Written (open book)
Dancing Mind 200 Hour Teacher Training Information Form
Find out if this program is for you and get all your questions answered by one of our senior teachers. We look forward to helping you out.