Fall 2014 Program:
Fall 2014 Program is Sold Out!
Spread over 6 months with over 230 hours of training, our Teacher Training program is designed to totally immerse students in the art of teaching yoga and its life transformational process. This program is open to those who want to teach and learn how to show up powerfully in their own lives.
Fall 2014 Modules Descriptions (Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am – 4 pm):
- Module I (September 13, 14): Power Vinyasa Foundations, Philosophy, & Methodology
- Module II (October 4, 5): Yoga & the Anatomy of the Human Body
- Module III (November 8, 9): Creating Your Voice as a Teacher
- Module IV (December 6, 7): History of Yoga, Eight Limbs, Sutras & Meditation
- Module V (January 10, 11): Connection
- Module VI (February 7, 8): Embracing Life. Leading the Change
40 Days Sessions:
Wednesdays 7:45pm-9:00pm: 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12 (attendance is mandatory for each date)
Open Teaching Practicum:
Sundays from 1:30pm- 4:00pm (not supervised/upon studio availability).
Program Modules focus on an in-depth understanding of the anatomy and physiology of Hatha yoga, power yoga asana, assisting, sequencing, yoga physiology and philosophy, meditation, pranayama, connecting with your class, and practical teaching experience with feedback.
DM Founder and Course Director, Paula Baake, leads the training assisted by internationally known Senior Baptiste Power Yoga teachers and guest lecturers who are experts in their field of study, including yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology. This is an amazing course to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning.
In this program you will:
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power Vinyasa yoga class
- Be introduced to basic anatomy and physiology
- Break down alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Practice assisting and evaluating bodies physically and emotionally
- Learn Ujjayii and Pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Learn Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assisting, including Sanskrit
- Participate in Practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observation and assisting
- Be introduced to yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for teachers
- Practice effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels
- Be introduced to the business of yoga and how to run your own studio
- Attendance of 90 hours of yoga practice at Dancing Mind Yoga.
- 100% attendance of all weekend intensive training sessions and weekday training sessions
- 100% completion of homework and assignments
- Participation in the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program (40 Days Program cost is included in the TT program)
- Completion of application (with picture) and deposit
- Commitment to show up fully with the intention to fuel your growth and the growth of all Program participants
- An open mind, desire to learn, and ability to have fun!
Required Readings: Books are not included in cost of the program.
Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
Tree of Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Core of Yoga Sutras by B.K.S. Iyengar
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCS
- Practicum (Journey Into Power)
- Written (open book)
- Tuition: $3,000
- Early bird $2,700 by September 6th, 2014
- Deposit of $500 required with applications (refundable if student is not accepted)
- Financing Available. For more information, email us at [email protected]
- We accept Visa and Master Card