Spring 2015 Program:
Powerfully transformed individuals. Real life application. Expert instruction.
Dancing Mind’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is for people who are ready to take the next step and discover their own power. Our yoga teacher training program is centrally located in Northern Virginia, in the wonderful Little City of Falls Church!
Registration for Spring 2015 Program is Closed.
This Program is Sold Out.
With over 230 hours of training, our Teacher Training program is designed to totally immerse students in the art of teaching yoga and its life transformational process. This program is open to those who want to teach and learn how to show up powerfully in their own lives.
Spring 2015 Modules Descriptions (Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am – 4 pm):
- Module I (March 28, 29): Power Vinyasa Foundations, Philosophy, & Methodology
- Module II (April 11, 12): Yoga & the Anatomy of the Human Body
- Module III (April 18, 19): Art of Teaching and Assisting
- Module IV (April 25, 26): Creating Your Voice as a Teacher
- Module V (May 2, 3): History of Yoga, Eight Limbs, Sutras & Meditation
- Module VI (May 30, 31): Embracing Life. Leading the Change
40 Days Sessions:
Wednesdays 7:45pm-9:00pm: April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; May 6 (attendance is mandatory for each date)
Open Teaching Practicum:
Sundays from 1:30pm- 4:00pm (not supervised/upon studio availability).
Program Modules focus on an in-depth understanding of the anatomy and physiology of Hatha yoga, power yoga asana, assisting, sequencing, yoga physiology and philosophy, meditation, pranayama, connecting with your class, and practical teaching experience with feedback.
In this program you will:
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power Vinyasa yoga class
- Be introduced to basic anatomy and physiology
- Break down alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Practice assisting and evaluating bodies physically and emotionally
- Learn Ujjayii and Pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Learn Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assisting, including Sanskrit
- Participate in Practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observation and assisting
- Be introduced to yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for teachers
- Practice effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels
- Be introduced to the business of yoga and how to run your own studio
- Attendance of 90 hours of yoga practice at Dancing Mind Yoga.
- 100% attendance of all weekend intensive training sessions and weekday training sessions
- 100% completion of homework and assignments
- Participation in the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program (40 Days Program cost is included in the TT program)
- Completion of application (with picture) and deposit
- Commitment to show up fully with the intention to fuel your growth and the growth of all Program participants
- An open mind, desire to learn, and ability to have fun!
Required Readings: Books are not included in cost of the program.
Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
Tree of Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Core of Yoga Sutras by B.K.S. Iyengar
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCS
- Practicum (Journey Into Power)
- Written (open book)
- Tuition: $3,000
- Early bird $2,700 by March 15th, 2015
- Deposit of $500 required with applications (refundable if student is not accepted)
- Financing Available. For more information, email us at [email protected]
- We accept Visa and Master Card