Registration for Spring 2017 is NOW OPEN!
Register Now to Save Your Space!
Program Modules focus on an in-depth understanding of the anatomy and physiology of Hatha yoga, power yoga asana, assisting, sequencing, yoga physiology and philosophy, meditation, pranayama, connecting with your class, and practical teaching experience with feedback.
In this program you will:
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power Vinyasa yoga class
- Be introduced to basic anatomy and physiology
- Break down alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Practice assisting and evaluating bodies physically and emotionally
- Learn Ujjayii and Pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Learn Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assisting, including Sanskrit
- Participate in Practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observation and assisting
- Be introduced to yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for teachers
- Practice effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels
- Be introduced to the business of yoga and how to run your own studio
- 90 hours of practice at Dancing Mind (cost for required practice hours IS NOT included Teacher Training Program tuition)
- 100% attendance of all weekend intensive training sessions and weekday training sessions
- 100% completion of homework and assignments
- Participation in the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program (40 Days Program cost is included in the TT program)
- Completion of application (with picture) and deposit
- Commitment to show up fully with the intention to fuel your growth and the growth of all Program participants
- An open mind, desire to learn, and ability to have fun!
With over 230 hours, our program is designed to totally immerse students in the art of teaching yoga and its life transformational process.
- Techniques: 130 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 55 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours
- Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle: 35 hours
- Practicum: 5 hours
- Homework and Exams: 25 hours
Module Times: Saturdays/Sundays, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Module I: October 14th & 15th
- Module II: November 18th & 19th
- Module III: December 9th & 10th
- Module IV: January 6th & 7th
- Module V: February 3rd & 4th
- Module VI: March 3rd & 4th
40 Days Sessions:
Sundays, 6:00 – 8:00 pm: October 15, 22, 29; November 5, 12, 19
(Attendance is mandatory for each date!)
- Practicum (Journey Into Power)
- Written (Open Book)
Journey into Power Baron Baptiste
40 Days to Personal Revolution Baron Baptiste
Perfectly Imperfect Baron Baptiste
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Sri Swami Satchidananda
The Yamas and Niyamas Deborah Adele
Tree of Yoga BKS Iyengar
Power of Now Eckhart Tolle
Living your Yoga Judith Hanson Lasater
Functional Anatomy of Yoga David Keil
Also Recommended (not required):
Buddha’s Brain Rick Hanson
The Book of Awakening Mark Nepo
The Great Work of Your Life Stephen Cope
Big Magic Elizabeth Gilbert
Rising Strong Brene Brown
Daring Greatly Brene Brown
Gifts of Imperfection Brene Brown
The Power of Habit Charles Duhigg
A Return to Love Marianne Williamson
Techniques include asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, and meditation. Hours in this category include both training in the techniques and practice of them. DMY yoga classes, assisting in classes, in house programs and in house workshops included.
Teaching Methodology Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher and the student’s process of learning.
Anatomy and Physiology includes both physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and astral/energy/subtle anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle Study of yoga scriptures (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.), ethics for yoga teachers, ‘living the life of the yogi’, etc.
Practicum includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others.
Early Bird Price: $3,200 (not available after October 1, 2017)
Regular Rate: $3,500
*Please Note: Required practice hours cost is not included in Teacher Training Program tuition cost.
- Non-Refundable Deposit of $500 required with applications (refundable if student is not accepted)
- For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We accept Visa and Master Card
Fill out the information form to learn more about the program: