- Techniques: 130 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 55 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours
- Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle: 35 hours
- Practicum: 5 hours
- Homework and Exams: 25 hours
Module Times: Saturdays/Sundays, 7:30am-4:00pm
Spring 2014 Modules Descriptions (Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am – 4 pm):
- Module I (March 8, 9): Foundations, Philosophy, & Methodology of Baptiste Yoga
- Module II (March 22,23): Yoga & the Anatomy of the Human Body
- Module III (April 12,13): Yoga Sutras, Sanskrit & The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Module IV (May 3,4): Creating Your Voice as a Teacher
- Module V (June 21, 22): Embracing Change and Connecting Through Service
- Module VI (July 18,19,20): Ayurveda and Sanskrit Immersion
40 Days Sessions:
Wednesdays 7:45pm-9:00pm: 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7 (attendance is mandatory for each date)
Open Teaching Practicum:
Sundays from 1:30pm- 4:00pm (not supervised/upon studio availability).
- Practicum (Journey Into Power)
- Written (open book)
Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
Tree of Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Core of the Yoga Sutras by B.K.S. Iyengar
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
Techniques include asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, and meditation. Hours in this category include both training in the techniques and practice of them. DMY yoga classes, assisting in classes, in house programs and in house workshops included.
Teaching Methodology Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher and the student’s process of learning.
Anatomy and Physiology includes both physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and astral/energy/subtle anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle Study of yoga scriptures (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.), ethics for yoga teachers, ‘living the life of the yogi’, etc.
Practicum includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others.